Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sisterhood Stories ..... Creative Challenges


When Isabelle Lafrance invited me to join Sisterhood Stories I thought great, this is exactly what I need. Then the self doubt set in 'What if my post sounds silly? What if I can't be as creative in my writing as the rest of the group?'  Like most things in life it's a step into the unknown. For some it's a piece of cake, for others it's a nerve wracking experience.  I am not a writer but I'll try my best and take that step.  So here is my first post for the group....

Love it or loathe it Autumn is here.  The days are getting shorter, there's a coldness in the air and the leaves change colour.  For some it's the beginning of something new.  For me it's a time for putting things into place, taking stock of where I'm going with my business and getting back into the routine of being chauffeur to my boys as they attend school and sports training :-).

I love our garden in the Autumn.  Granted it needs a lot of care and attention but our garden and its contents has contributed greatly to my photography journey and for that I am grateful.  It's been an inspiration and what's more I can go out any day and photograph something completely new.  I mean the subject may be the same but the light and feel may be totally different.

The anemone below are flowers that I will never grow tired of photographing.D

If you would like to read more from Sisterhood Stories head on over to my good friend Boo Marshall's blog www.elizaboophotography.blogspot.co.uk. A very talented photographer based in Norwich, UK.

Finally I'd like to say thanks to Isabelle for the invitation X.


8 comments:

  1. I love love love this image!!!!!!!!! I couldn't agree more with your post. Once my girls are back in school it's time for Me to put life into perspective and figure out where I am going with my business and what I want...
    Colleen
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumn, and my garden too, it's my happy place! Yours must be lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit erm...wild at the mo. But don't tell anyone :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one in the group with some self doubt. I am definitely not a good writer and it is really hard for me to get my feelings down in written/typed form. I too love my garden...though it does need a bit of work. Gorgeous image Jane and I am truly looking forward to get to know you better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristi. I'm hoping I get to the stage where I feel more comfortable with it but sometimes you have to let the images speak for themselves ;-) (or perhaps that's my way of copping out ha ha).

      Delete
  4. Absolutely beautiful image! I adore it! I am joining in the circle from next week and I am already full of doubt and feeling out of my depth! I think you did marvellously x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your writing Jane and the way you described fall and our busy lives at this time... this image you posted is absolutely beautiful where the flower is bathing in the fabulous light xx

    ReplyDelete