Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New York!

Ah New York! What a great city.  Every year I get withdrawal symptoms, longing for a trip to the Big Apple. It had been three years since I'd been so I was in serious need of a fix.  The appointment for that fix came on my birthday last when I received a ticket from my hubby.  Thank you Paul!!

Myself and a friend headed there last month.  We had just gotten over the freezing cold weather here in Ireland and headed over to NY in anticipation of more freezing cold weather.  We were not disappointed!  It was cold, so cold in fact that we had to brace ourselves every time we reached a street corner coz the wind chill would cut you in two.

We were staying in the Chelsea district and had the perfect view from our window.
Of course we did the shopping thing and kept some time to go out and take some pics.  The Brooklyn Bridge from the Brooklyn side was our first port of call.  That required a journey on the subway.

We also headed up to Central Park...


These were taken not far from Central Park heading downtown.  Guiding Lights!


It's hard to resist taking pics of the tall buildings. And of course no holiday in NY is complete without a trip to Times Square.

I definitely heart New York!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment